Last updated: September 15, 2022
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The Website is for information purposes only and does not constitute professional advice on any subject matter. All information contained herein, while obtained from sources which are believed to be reliable, is not guaranteed as to its accuracy or completeness, and is provided without warranty of any kind.
You agree that you will not:
- Upload or transmit any communications or content of any type that may infringe or violate any rights of any party.
- Use this Website for any purpose in violation of any laws.
- Use this Website as a means to distribute advertising or other unsolicited material to any third party.
- Use this Website to post or transmit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful or embarrassing to any other person or entity.
- Attempt to scrape, automatically download, disable, “hack” or otherwise interfere with the proper functioning of this Website.
- If you use any part of the Website requiring secure access, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
All of our trademarks are protected by Canadian law. All other trademarks, titles, content, company names, artwork, logos and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use of our trademarks or those licensed by us for use on the Website is strictly prohibited.
All Website design, text, layout, graphics and the selection and arrangement thereof is owned by us and our affiliates, and all rights are reserved. You are authorized to view, download and print portions of the Website solely for your personal and non-commercial use or as we otherwise permit. Any other use of materials on this Website, including: (1) reproduction, except as authorized herein; (2) modifications; (3) distributions; (4) republication; (5) transmission; (6) re-transmissions; or (7) public showing, without our prior written permission, is strictly prohibited.
Idea submission statement
Any ideas, proposals, and/or other information submitted or collected on this Website shall be considered non-confidential, and we may disclose or use any submission for any purpose whatsoever, at our sole discretion, with no obligation to you.
The content of the Website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. While information provided is intended to be accurate, no representation or warranty is made with respect to the accuracy or reliability of such information.
Product, service and other information provided are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where discovered, and we reserve the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions. Please let us know immediately if you become aware of any errors in the Website.
Third party material
The Website may, from time to time, contain, link to or reference third party websites, resources and advertisers (collectively, “Third Party Material”). Accessing such Third Party Material is at your own risk. We do not endorse and are not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any Third Party Material, and are providing it to you only as a convenience and may discontinue providing it at any time without notice.
Limitation of Liability
Use of this Website and its contents is at your own risk. This website and all of its content are provided “As Is”. You must not rely on any content published on or linked to this website without first making your own enquiries to verify it is accurate, current and complete. We do not make, and expressly disclaim, any representations, warranties, covenants and conditions, express or implied, arising out of operation of law, course of performance, course of dealing, usage of trade or otherwise, including any express or implied warranties and conditions of: merchantability; merchantable quality; fitness for a particular purpose; non-infringement; safety; quality; freedom from defects or that defects will be corrected; uninterrupted, virus-free or error-free use of this website; or accuracy, currency, reliability, completeness or appropriateness relating to the content of this website.
Governing law and choice of forum
The Parties agree that all disputes arising out of this agreement may be resolved non-exclusively by the provincial or federal courts in Canada, subject to conflict of laws principles, provided that no cause of action may be brought by a party hereto in a court located outside of Canada.
Last updated: September 15, 2022
- Information We Collect About You
- How We Collect Information About You
- How We Use Your Information
- Disclosure Of Your Information
- Transferring Your Personal Information
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- Data Security
- Data Retention
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
- Withdrawing Your Consent
- Contact Information and Challenging Compliance
This Policy describes:
- How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the information of our customers and website users (“you“);
- The types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us, including when you visit the website Lactanet.ca (our “Website“), when you use our products or services, software, applications, or otherwise interact with us, unless a different policy is displayed; and
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Information We Collect About You
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Business information, that does not directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as animal health information, animal production data, lab analysis data, genetic evaluation, genomic testing data, demographic information, business practices and processes, benchmarking, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person or business, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information and/or business information.
- Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name and contact information (“personal information“). We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
- Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, and usage details such as your interaction with pages on our Website.
How We Collect Information About YouWe use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms, providing animal data, or corresponding with us directly, including when collected through software platforms we may offer to you.
- User contributions. You may also provide information for us to publish on public Website areas or transmit to other Website users or third parties.
- Automated technologies or interactions, for example, information collected automatically may include automated submissions from technologies onsite at farms, Website usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources, for example, our affiliates and industry partner organizations, such as breed associations, artificial insemination units, veterinarians, and hoof trimmers.
How We Use Your InformationWe use data and information that we collect about you and/or your business, or that you otherwise provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our products, services and Website.
- To improve our products, services, Website, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may disclose information aggregated across users without restriction, and in accordance with any Terms and Conditions of our products and services you have agreed to. We may disclose business and personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates, breed associations and artificial insemination units, as well as to research partners, such as universities, and to other industry partners, such as veterinarians, animal nutritionists and hoof trimmers (all with your consent);
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this Policy; and
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, or any other purpose we disclosed at the time of collection.
Transferring Your Personal InformationIn some cases we may use third parties to provide services for us to support our business and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this Policy. We may process, store, and/or transfer your personal information in and to a foreign jurisdiction, including the U.S., with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign jurisdiction. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this Policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the data and personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information. If you have opted in to receive certain emails from us, you can unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link we have included in the email. Note that this unsubscribe request may not apply to all messages Lactanet sends, for example when Lactanet sends emails as part of a product purchase.
The security of your information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We store all information you provide to us behind firewalls on secure servers. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Keep passwords secure and confidential, and limit what you publish publicly. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and any transmission of information is at your own risk and without our liability.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, and subject to any additional terms you have agreed to with Lactanet. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your information so that it can no longer be associated with you or your business. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information, Withdrawing Your Consent
Please keep us informed if your information changes. By law you have the right to request access to, correct and withdraw your consent for us to use the personal information that we hold about you.
If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may also send us an email at the address below to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change personal information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. We may charge you a fee to access your personal information, however, we will notify you of any fee in advance. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
You are responsible for periodically visiting our Website and this Policy to check for any changes, which we will indicate by updating the “last updated” date above. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we may notify you through a notice on the Website.
Contact Information and Challenging Compliance
555 des Anciens-Combattants Blvd.
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of information, our compliance with this Policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this Policy please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information listed above.