1. Property NoticeAll content, information, data, photographs, images, videos, software, trademarks, logos, designs, publicity slogans and/or other Lactanet material protected by copyright appearing on this website (the “Content“) are the exclusive property of Lactanet or the property of third parties who granted permission to use such Content on this website, or both. All Content is protected by Canadian copyright and trademark laws. All content included on this website regarding products offered by Lactanet in Canada is provided for informational and promotional purposes only. You are not authorized to modify, reproduce, reedit, transfer, forward, transmit, publish, distribute or create derivative works of the Content without Lactanet’s prior written consent. However, you may download, print or reproduce the Content for personal use and/or in other circumstances permitted by law, provided that you keep all copyright notices or other legal notices it may contain. All unauthorized use of the Content will be considered as a violation of Lactanet’s intellectual property rights.
2. Limitation of LiabilityLactanet does not guarantee the quality, accuracy or completeness of any information on this website. Such information is provided in good faith, on an « as is » basis without any warranty or condition. The Content of this website may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Furthermore, Lactanet does not guarantee that the Content of this website will be uninterrupted or error-free, and will not be held responsible for any damage resulting from any virus, worm or other destructive or invasive computer program. At no time will Lactanet accept responsibility for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or other damage resulting from the use of this website, or in connection with its Content. You are solely responsible for the use and/or the interpretation of all the Content of this website.
3. Link to Third Party WebsitesThis website may include links to other websites owned by third parties. Please be aware that Lactanet has no control over the content of those websites. Therefore, Lactanet cannot be held responsible for the information contained on such websites, and does not offer any guarantee or make any declaration in this regard.
4. Sale of Lactanet Products or ServicesLactanet reserves the right to cease production of any products or services offered on this website or to modify any specification related to these products without notice and without incurring any liability.
5. CompensationBy accessing and browsing on this website, you accept to compensate and exonerate Lactanet, its subsidiaries, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, proxies and licensees for any losses, costs, damages, claims, penalties or other expenses (including reasonable legal fees) which may result from your use of this website or from any other alleged violation of the present Terms and Conditions.
7. Use of the masculine genderThe use of the masculine gender in this site designates both men and women without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.
Lactanet Canada believes in protecting the privacy of the personal information that it obtains for business purposes about its clients and values the trust that is placed on Lactanet Canada to responsibly manage the personal information that it obtains.
The Nature of the Personal Information
The information you give us through forms on the site is the only personally identifiable information we receive and we use it only for the purposes stated with the form.
We collect the following information:
- Last name
- First name
- Mailing address
- Postal code
- Email address
- Telephone / Fax number
- Herd information
We use the information collected in the above manner namely for the following purposes:
- To manage and improve our web services
- Information / Promotional Offers unless otherwise specified by you
- Statistics (without nominative data)
- Communicating with our clients to convey important messages about our services or specific situations (e.g., changes in our laboratory schedule, etc.)
Your information is also collected by means of the interaction between you and our website or our mobile application in the following manner:
- Statistics for your benefit (herd number)
- Statistics without individual-related data
- Contact information
- Forum or discussion platforms
Log Files and Cookies
We collect certain information through log files and cookies. The following information is usually collected with log files and cookies:
- Pages viewed and search requests
- Date and time of connection
The use of such files allows us to:
- Provide a personalized welcome and improve service
Sharing of Personal Information
We are committed to not sharing the personal information that we collect.
At Lactanet, the data that is not individual-related may be shared for research purposes but cannot be used, under any pretext, for commercial purposes by the involved research organizations.
If you do not want your personal information to be shared with third party organizations, you can be oppose this at the time of data collection or at any later date, in the following way.
Withdrawal and Opposition Rights
If you do not want your personal information to be shared with the above mentioned organizations you can state your opposition at the time the data is collected or at any later date, as specified in the following section.
We commit to providing you with withdrawal and opposition rights concerning your personal information.
To exercise these rights, you may contact our customer service department.
We commit to recognizing the access and rectification rights of those concerned that would like to consult, modify, or remove information that pertains to them.
This right can be exercised by contacting customer service.
The personal information that we collect is stored in a secure environment. Those that work for us are required to respect the confidentiality of your information. To ensure that your personal information is secure, we have taken the following security measures:
- Secure internet site
- A user ID and password to manage access
- Network surveillance software
- On site and remote backup
- Secure digital certificate
- Centralized firewall and antivirus
We commit to maintaining a high level of confidentiality by integrating the most up to date technological innovations that help to ensure the confidentiality of your transactions. Nevertheless, since there are no 100% completely secure mechanisms, there is always some risk when using the Internet to transmit personal information.
We commit to respecting the legislative provisions outlined in The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPIDA).
Last Update on November 6, 2020.